Sunday, May 3, 2009

Five...one whole hand!

Happy Birthday, Caba!
At 7:00 PM on April 30, 2004, Caleb Daniel Sutton was born with a hefty scream! What a beautiful baby he was and now such a handsome boy!
Let me share his story...it began with my seizures spiking and was sent to the hospital (not knowing I was pregnant) and was given all the wrong medicines. Later that week, I took a test, and yep, I was with child. At four months, the ultrasound showed that he had cysts on his brain. I remember seeing the picture...his tiny little brain, invaded. The doctor turned to me and suggested that I have an abortion. I didn't hesitate, no way! NOT an option. He then told Caleb's dad and I that the baby would most likely not survive the pregnancy. My body would most likely either have an abrupt abortion on it's own, or he would die shortly after birth. They said he might have Trisomy 18, the fatal form of Down Syndrome. Hal and I sat in the car, after the appointment, and just talked...we decided at that point, to name him Caleb Daniel...for he would fight, we just knew it! We had a strong baby boy, and he would live. At five months, we went back for another ultrasound, and the cysts were gone! God heard our cries and saved him. I love this little boy SO much...he is now 5 years old and strong!
To look at him and know that I could have taken his life, I could have chosen to give up on him...but here he is, PERFECT! I can take the attitude problems, the back-talk, the hysterical piercing laughter, the food fights...all for the kisses and hugs I get from him! He is a passionate little boy with an infectious smile! Thank you, God, for his life...for letting me be his mom! Cheers, to five years of beautiful crazieness!



And he is FIVE!

His Braves Jersey!!

What could it be??






No comments: